- Keep your website platform and software up to date :
• If our website and the software are not checked properly it can allow intruders and malware to take advantage of the site.
• Whenever we get an update check it and install it immediately.
• Even the site certificate should be kept up to date. This won’t affect the website performance but help the website to show up in the search engine.
- Use security plugins :
• Just as we protect our Laptop from malware and virus, we require a security plugin to protect our website. For this, we require security plugins.
• Sucuri Firewall is a good paid option, and there are free firewall plugins available in the market.
- Install SSL Certificate :
• An SSL Certificate ensures that the website is secure and can transfer data securely from the server to the person’s browser.
• You have various SSL options available in the market. Domain validation, business validation, and extended validation. Out of these three business validation and extended validation is a must by Google to receive a green “SECURE” signal to the website.
• We at B-Webdesign Mumbai, which is also the best website design agency in Mumbai helps you to get an SSL Certificate .
- Use HTTPS Encryption :
• Once you have installed SSL Certificate your website qualifies for HTTPS Encryption.
• An HTTPS certificate should be renewed every year.
- Create Secure Passwords :
• Only setting a unique password is not enough, you need to come up with passwords that are not used anywhere and store them outside the website directory so that it is not easily available to the hacker easily.
• For Example, you should use a 16- digit jumbled number and letters as a password. You should store the password in an offline file on a different computer or hard drive.
- Hide Your Admin Folders :
• We have various options to hide the admin folders. One of the best options is re-naming the folder to some boring name such as FOLDER-1, FOLDER-2, etc. This becomes difficult for the hacker to locate the file and hack the website. And even your website is secured.
- Keep Error Massage Simple :
• If our error message gives away any information, then the hackers can get information about the root directory. And through this, they can exploit the website and add virus into it.
• So instead of giving away many details, we should just keep it simple and should write 404 errors or the site is unreachable.
- Always Hash Password :
• If we store passwords on our website make sure that it is stored in HASH format. This format makes sure that the hacker is not able to locate where and what is the password.
• If the password is stored in plain text format then the hackers can easily locate is and misuse the password.
B-Webdesign Mumbai is also considered as one of the best website design company in Mumbai which offers dynamic website designs according to the clients requirement.
Security Tips To Protect Your Website
We also work in website design , website development, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Pay per click.
Posts 1 • Views 88